Stick Family

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ashlyn Update

April 19th 2010

Today was a GREAT day :o) :o) I woke up and headed to the hospital for Ashlyn's 6 o'clock feeding and I was happy to see her off oxygen and out of the incubator :o) :o) She looked so happy and so was Mommy. The nurse told me that she was doing good, and that they just were waiting for the on call doc to make his rounds and to see what he thought of her improvement. So I headed back home, took Phil to work, took Ace to preschool and then me and Aidan headed to the grocery store to stock up on stuff before baby sister came home :o) on the way home I called to see how Ashlyn was doing, and to let the nurse know that I was going to miss her 9 o'clock feeding. The nurse then told me that the doctor wants me to start breastfeeding and wants Ashlyn to room in with me throughout the day and night and if she does good we can go home tomorrow. So me and Aidan rushed home....dropped off groceries, and then headed up to the hospital to see our baby girl. She looked so happy to see us :o) and she caught onto to nursing in no time. So me and Aidan stayed there for a while and then we had to leave to pick up Ace and then to pick up Phil and then they dropped me back off at the hospital where I spent the night. Ashlyn did a good job throughout the night, hardly ever cried and fed like a champ. CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW :o)

No comments: