Stick Family

Monday, April 12, 2010

Ashlyn Update

Ashlyn is doing good. Last night was a really good night for her. Her resp rate was in the mid to low 60's and they turned down her oxygen from 1 liter to 3/4 of a liter. I spent a good hour with her this morning and she was alert and had her eyes open....she even smiled at me :o) While I was there the nurse let me change one of her diaper and of course it was a poopy diaper....never thought I would be so happy to change a poopy diaper.

Later this morning the doctor came into to see her. He explained to me that she is starting to show signs of pneumonia on her x-rays.....so she either had undeveloped lungs or she has a touch of pneumonia and he is leaning on pneumonia. The plan with pneumonia is antibiotics for 5-7 days and she has been on that for the last 2-3 days....so they are already on top of things in that field. Right now it is just a waiting game. But so far she is starting to slowly improve. The nurse let me hold her for a little while about 20 mins ago and I was in heaven :o) :o) I will continue to keep everyone updated.

No comments: