Stick Family

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sick Days

Today was a stay at home sick day. We have all been plagued with Strep throat :( hopefully after 24 hours of meds...kiddos will be able to go back to school. I wish I had half the energy that my kids have. They woke up with nasty coughs and sore throats...yet all day today they have been running around, sword fighting, jumping all over the place...while poor mom is laid up on the couch about to die. It takes all the energy I have to get up to pee and these kids are re-enacting the Summer Olympics in our living room. Today was a day that Mommy wished she could run away. But we managed to survive the day and now kiddos are fast asleep and Mommy is soaking in the bath :) as I write this I am trying to recall my earliest childhood memories...I worry that my children will remember all the negative about mommy and not the positive. I dont want them to remember my screaming, my anger, the moments where I lose my cool....instead I want them to remember Mommy trying to rap to the Lorax song, or that I let them pig out on snack food in the living room all day, or that they got to play my kindle :) ahhh worry...worry...worry is what I do best :) hopefully they will remember both and maybe when they have kids they will understand the days I had

No comments: