Stick Family

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good New......Bad News

Well, I got good news this afternoon......I do not have Gestational Diabetes BUT I do have anemia. I know a lot of ladies who have had pregnancy related anemia and whom have delivered healthy babies and whom were healthy themselves, but I still get nervous :o( Doctor has started me on a heavy dosing of Iron Supplements. I will go in for my 32 week appt on March 10th and he has scheduled an Ultra-sound where he will check the growth of the baby, position, amniotic fluid level, etc (so we will have a better view of the baby's growth at that appointment) But he explained to me that with Anemia the risks for babies are premature labor/birth and low birth weight....doesn't think I have anything to worry about since he already thinks she is a big girl, but I am worried about the premature labor cause I am already having the contractions and pressure. He also reassured me that Little Miss is getting her Iron even if it mean sucks me dry of all the iron in my body, so not to be alarmed there, that the Iron Supplements are for me. He explained that Iron loss is to blame for my tiredness, dizziness, lack of concentration, headaches, over all BLAH feeling (I laughed and told him, I just thought those were regular pregnancy symptoms....although I do not remember feeling this BLAH with the boys @ 28 weeks) Another thing he told me to be prepared for, some women whom have had anemia for a long period of time, can have a rough after labor period, they can lose lots of blood, and might need blood transfusions (nothing to be too worried about.....but of course I worry) So we are just gonna wait it and out and hope for the BEST :o) In better new.....my glucose tests came back CLEAR :o)

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

So glad you are getting good advice and following the doctors orders. A healthy happy baby is your reward for doing all he says, right? LOL

Take care and get rest-- chasing after all of your kids will be like a three ring circus in no time!!!