Stick Family

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tubes, Tonsils, Adenoids, Oh My.....

On Wednesday my little boy had to go in to get his Tonsils and Adenoids taken out, and to get Tubes put in his ears. We have know for a while that he was having issues hearing, so we have had the appointment set up for tubes for a couple months now. But in the past couple of days Ace has had some issues with sleep and what not....so after a trip to his doctor and another trip to the ENT doctor...it was decided that he need his tonsils and adenoids taken out. I was happy that he would no longer have these issues with sleep and hearing but I was upset that the surgery was so last minute. His Birthday Party is on Saturday and I do not want him to be in pain at his party nor do I want him to miss his first day of School on Monday. But you gotta do what you gotta do. The surgery went well. We went back into the pre op room and the nurse and doctor explained to Ace that they wanted him to go back in their room and blow up a balloon for them. Well at that point Ace started freaking out :( so they gave him some special Kool Aid...and next thing I know....Ace is off in lala land. He was acting soooo funny. When the nurses came to wheel him back, he was more than willing....he was waving at the other patients...it was hilarious. I went back into the waiting room and about 30 mins later they called me back to his room. The surgery went well but my poor baby was a mess...he was no longer happy and giddy. They sent us home and for the rest of the day Ace slept on the couch. He starting to slowly recover but we have to stay away from acidic drink and hard to swallow food.








1 comment:

Paula said...

Love the pictures, but Miranda - you should consider writing! I really enjoy your blog.